Thursday, August 25, 2005

Visions Come True

Where shall I begin? This morning has been too eventful, even for around here.

Slept fitfully. Could not get the images of the previous night's fever dream out of my head. Events seemed to occur over and over again in slow motion, an endless and desperate cycle.

When I awoke this time, however, I found the scenario of my nightmare coming true right before my eyes:

The office building's defenses were completely torn apart and broken through. We were overrun!

Two of my fellow survivors were taken in their sleep. I counted nine of the invading beings - which we have taken to calling zeds, after the term we've heard for them on military radio frequencies - before I fled. I would have liked to shout in case my surviving comrades in the building were not already awake and alert to the threat as I was, but I was accosted by one of the "zeds" and after surviving its glancing blow, I dared not risk attracting more attention to myself. I did manage to jab it with my DNA extractor before fleeing.

Am presently in another location, with, I believe, four other humans in the building with me. It seems safe here -- but the offices seemed safe for several days, too. Shall spend my afternoon helping the others barricade the doors. Leaves me that much less time to search for medical supplies, not to mention mourn my departed comrades, but what other option do I have now?

1 comment:

Indricotherium said...

Amazing that we are able to communicate at all in this city. I'm glad someone is writing as I need something to keep me consious of the fact that there are others still alive, still living outside of the dozen or so hellish blocks that have become my world here in Malton.